All along, I have been interested to own some units of this reit and now it provides me a very good opportunity to do just that. Due to my capital limitation, I intend to own about 10000 shares (10 Lots) of it. After some calculation and consideration, I decided to do this :
1. Buy from open market = 4000 shares (4 Lots)
2. Rights to be received = (4000/4) * 5 = 5000 rights units
3. Shares own after rights conversion = 4000 + 5000 = 9000 shares
4. For the balanced shares :
- To apply excess rights for at least = 1000 units => 1000 shares
- Or, buy again from open market = 1000 shares
Net shares to own = 9000 + 1000 = 10000 shares
So far, I have completed Step 1 today. Hence for now, I shall wait for the window of rights application to open and then proceed with my rights and excess rights application.
I will continue my update about this purchase in my later posts.